Blockchain usually stores data in a structured form in blocks or state data, supporting the storage of structured data and textual data. This paper will share with you how to use blockchain technology to support and ensure the credible operation of the business containing multimedia files, and provide a safe and verifiable technical guarantee for the multimedia files based on the Quchainblock chain platform.
* The “File Safe” in this article is easy for readers to understand, and the function of trusted file sharing (large file storage) is expressed in a quasi-materialized way. Please look forward to more explanations and opening of products and services.
— Part 1 Why does Blockchain Support Custody of Documents
As blockchain technology begins to be applied to many fields such as social governance, government services, culture and entertainment, financial services, healthcare, intellectual property and the Internet of Things, it means that there will be a large amount of business data running on the blockchain platform. In the digital era, business data will not only be limited to characters, two-dimensional tables and other structured data, but also a large number of reports, audio, video, pictures and other unstructured data. As a leading underlying platform of the alliance chain, Quran Blockchain Platform aims at the distributed storage requirements of unstructured files and big data blocks in the digital era, and studies the “file safe box” that can be used for secure storage and trusted sharing of files.
— Part2 What is a document safe?
“File Safe Box” is a product of the combination of block chain technology and file storage technology. It is a safe harbor for file storage and sharing, with two characteristics of safe storage and trusted sharing.
A “file safe” consists of a blockchain network, blockchain nodes, and file Spaces. The index information not only includes the query index of the file, but also records the storage authority of the node (which node can store the file) and the download authority of the user (which user can download the file) of the file, which is recorded by the blockchain consensus and cannot be tampered with.
▲ Feature one: safe storage
Each node participating in the provision of file storage capacity will independently provide file space for the storage of the files kept by the node, to achieve the independence and isolation of file storage between nodes, to ensure the availability of files when multi-point backup of files, and to avoid the unavailability of files caused by the failure of a single server. At the same time, the node will encrypt the file before it receives the file and disks it to the file space to ensure that the files in the file space are in ciphertext form. The acquisition of the file can only be completed through the blockchain, effectively reducing the risk of file theft from inside and outside.
▲ Feature two: trusted sharing
The transmission of the file will be completed through the blockchain P2P network, without passing through intermediate nodes, so as to realize the security and credibility of the transmission path. When the node receives the instruction of file transfer, the receiving authority of the transmission target object will be verified, including the storage authority of the node and the download authority of the user. At the same time, in the process of file transfer, the blockchain will automatically verify the file to ensure that each file transmitted has the same digital fingerprint as the file recorded when uploading, so as to guarantee the correctness and integrity of the file transfer. Through technical processing, support file transfer between nodes and users download the ability to continue the breakpoint, to ensure the availability of file transfer.
— Part3 Document Safe Function Architecture Interpretation —
How does “document safe box” achieve safe storage and trusted sharing?
- Transfer path: As shown in the figure above, the file will be uploaded from the client to the node storage. File transfers between any node are done through P2P networks, and no “middleman” can steal files.
- Disk encryption: independently set up a file space (or docking file system) in the node, discard the files received by the node to the file space for storage, and encrypt the files when discard to ensure that the plaintext of the files must be obtained through block chain.
- Storage authority: When sharing files between nodes and nodes, the authority of the node requesting the file is checked. The authority of the node will be recorded on the block chain to ensure the global unity of the authority setting.
- Download permissions: When a node provides users with files to download, it checks the permissions of the users who request the files. The permissions of the users will be recorded on the blockchain to ensure that the permissions are set globally and uniformly.
- File verification: file transfer can be divided into three links, file upload, file node transfer, user download file. When a file is uploaded, the blockchain ledger will record an immutable digital fingerprint of the file. In any link of file transfer, the node will automatically compare and verify the transmitted file with the file fingerprint in the ledger.
— Part4 file safe and cloud platform difference —
In terms of file privacy security, when using the “File Safe” based on blockchain technology to store and share files, there is no need to trust a centralized third party to ensure that the flow of files is real and controllable.
Reliability, although cloud storage provides redundant storage solution, but the disaster data center cloud storage may not and the main data center equipped with the same specification of the server, boring chain block chain platform we are available in each node of a complete block chain services, so on the disaster emergency, “file” safe has a better reliability.
In terms of ease of use, there is still a gap between the document safe box based on blockchain technology and the cloud platform. Because blockchain systems are distributed and managed, they are often not as effective as cloud platforms in terms of the timeliness of rule change operations (permission rules, etc.). In addition, File Safe focuses on the security and correctness of files, and does not support dynamic editing of files by multiple people like the cloud platform does.
— Part5 Summary
From a functional point of view, File Safe focuses on the use of blockchain technology to protect files. Specifically, the “document safe box” protects the file from being stolen from the disk by others, and ensures the security of the file storage; The document safe box has an immutable, untraversable, multi-dimensional permission check mechanism, as well as a dynamic file check mechanism, which guarantees the goal of only giving the right files to the right people.
From the perspective of application scenarios, “File Safe” is suitable for static file sharing with data correctness, integrity and verifiable requirements, without online editing or even without editing. Its core goal is to guarantee the correctness and security of data in distributed storage.
From the perspective of security, the security of “File Safe” is very high. Redundant storage guarantees the availability of files obtained from the network, encrypted disk is effectively prevented from stealing from internal personnel, distributed management of blockchain nodes limits the effectiveness of single point of attack, and the overall security is effectively improved.
If you want to know more about “Document Safe”, please add your little assistant Orange (18458407117) to the technical exchange group. You are welcome to share your views with us and discuss the infinite future of blockchain
Wei Ruibo, Product Manager, Basic Platform Department of Science and Technology
 Structured vs. Unstructured Data